Your role is to conduct user research to answer questions across all phases of customer understanding and product development. Depending on needs, your research will range from usability studies, surveys, interviews with customers, and occasional field research. You will systematically analyze the data you collect and extract actionable insights to report to the Product Team.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week. We will consider both local candidates, as well as someone interested in working in a remote capacity.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate research, especially remote but also occasional immersive in-person research
- Dive deep into both qualitative and quantitative data in order to bring forward news\ insights that generate product innovations, insights, and/or understanding
- Perform quick but thorough analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results
- Be a storyteller – deliver insights both verbally and visually in a way that generates emotion and engagement from the team and clients
- Produce, as needed, result summaries, personas, journey and opportunity maps, and when appropriate, suggestions for updated information architecture, wireframes, etc.
- Willing to learn, grow and improve your craft of UX research
- Experienced in moderating user or customer interviews and/or usability testing
- Familiar with a variety of research methods including usability studies, interviews, field research, and surveys
- Familiar with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- An excellent communicator
- Highly motivated: self-starter who is disciplined, efficient, organized, detail-oriented
- Open: imaginative, open minded, experimental, creative conceptual problem-solver, willing to consider new ideas, curious
- Grounded: well balanced, relaxed, clear-thinking, decisive, composed, resilient
- Agreeable: always ready to help out, sincere, candid
- Team player: able to conduct work independently, under the guidance of a senior researcher
- At least 2 years of experience in UX
- A graduate of or working toward a BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, or other related fields or have equivalent practical experience
Here at FBS, our software products drive our success. Hiring the best and the brightest means we pay competitively, have strong healthcare benefits, provide a professional-yet-casual, resource-rich working environment and enjoy the freedom to be individuals who work together towards common goals. Your peers aren’t co-workers, they’re owners; FBS is 100% employee-owned. That means each of them earns company stock in addition to their salaries for maintaining the company’s growth and success. There’s no bureaucracy and no red tape; just a solid team of experts who love coming to work, getting things done and making customers happy every day.
At FBS, recently named a Top 25 2019 Small Giant Company, you get entrepreneurial energy, innovation, and big thinking: deadlines to beat, challenges to conquer, and emerging technology to chase without the volatility, uncertainty, and risk of a start-up. As an owner at FBS, you actually do get out what you put in. So if you are looking for a place where your creativity, knowledge, and software quality assurance expertise will be appreciated and rewarded in a team of passionate, intelligent and fun folks, we encourage you to apply.